Welcome to Ōhaupō School and thank you for your expression of interest in enrolling your child at our school. We are very proud of who we are, our rural values and the education opportunities we offer our students.
Visits for Older Children
Enrolment Scheme Ohaupo School
- Travelling south from the Mystery Creek Road intersection with Airport Road (including Mystery Creek Road up to number 43, and Airport Road up to 204, following the school’s year 1 – 6 TEZ boundary, are in zone. The boundary excludes Tarr Road. The boundary crosses Kaipaki Road at 325 Kaipaki Road and continues south so that Lynd Road is in zone. The boundary crosses Parallel Road (houses addressed 1 to 895 and 2 to 894 inclusive are out of zone) and Kite Access Road. (Kite Access Road 166 to 168 are in zone). Kite Road is in zone.
- The Southern boundary then crosses Jary Road and follows it in a westward direction. All addresses in Jary Road are in zone up to, but not including 444 Jary Road. Mill Road and Sowerby Road are in zone. The boundary intersects Te Awamutu Road (SH3) at the Jary Road intersection. The boundary continues east until it reaches Lake Ngaroto.
- From Lake Ngaroto, the Western boundary line crosses Lake Road at 168 Lake Road, such that addresses on Lake Road east of this point are in zone. The boundary line then crosses at 252 Ryburn Road at the intersection with Lake Road. Ryburn Road addresses east of its intersection with Lake Road are in zone. The western boundary crosses Forkert Road at the intersection with Ngahinapouri Road. Forkert Road addresses east of its intersection with Ngahinapouri Road are in zone. Ngahinapouri Road is out of zone. The boundary continues such that Dingle Road and Douch Road are in zone and McGregor Road is not in zone.
Proof of residence within the home zone may be required.
Out of Zone Enrolments
- First Priority: must be given to any applicant who is the sibling of a current student at school.
- Second Priority: must be given to any student who is the sibling of a former student at school.
- Third Priority: must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student at school.
- Fourth Priority: must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school, or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Fifth Priority: must be given to all other applicants.